By delegating permissions, Upland can sign transactions on behalf of third-party developers, eliminating the need to sign each transaction to an escrow container manually.
- Transferring UPX to an escrow container
- Transferring NFTs to an escrow container
- The transactions above must be initiated from the third-party developer's account to a container created by one of their applications.
To activate or deactivate the delegation feature, contact Upland and request to become an alpha tester. Upon approval, you will receive a message in your Upland account through the Message Center, where you can authorize the delegation.
When delegation is enabled, the following endpoint will be enabled for your account. https://api.prod.upland.me/developers-api/containers/:containerId/join This new endpoint has a different structure than the existing /join.
Parameters: Container ID
Authorization: App ID, Secret Key
The third-party developer does not need to provide the EOSid, as this endpoint only transfers assets from the developer's account to their containers.
- An app that maintains a balance on its account for later distribution to other players.
- An app that acquires NFTs to award as prizes to Upland players.
- An app that aims to sell Upland NFTs to Upland players.
- Other unmentioned possibilities.